Ellie Dunkley - Birth Boss
- Birth Boss
- 40 Ashton Road
- BS3 2EQ
- Contact Details:
- Birth Boss
I'm Ellie, I'm a mum of two and a hypnobirthing and antenatal teacher based in Bristol and also teaching in Bath and surrounding areas.
I've got a wealth of birth knowledge and experience to help you on your way to positive birth!
I came to hypnobirthing when I was pregnant with my first child in 2016.
As a first-time mum, terrified of giving birth, I was at first a little sceptical about what hypnobirthing could offer. But, about 30 minutes into my first hypnobirthing session, I was a complete convert and I went on to have two separate incredible birth experiences of my own!
I quickly became a keen advocate of hypnobirthing and would urge every pregnant women I came into contact with to "give it a try" because I genuinely believe that every woman's birth experience can be benefitted in some way by hypnobirthing!
Following the birth of my second child, I completed my teacher training with KGHypnobirthing.
I am a positive birth enthusiast, passionate about supporting women to feel prepared and in the best possible position to give birth.
I absolutely love working with women and their partners, be it with their first baby, second, third or more (!) and supporting them in realising their own amazing birthing ability and preparing for a positive birth experience.
Whatever the perfect birth looks like for you, be it a water birth at home to an elective caesarean birth, I will support you in stacking the odds in your favour of achieving the birth you want.
Hypnobirthing is not just something that you can 'do' to help you during labour. It is a complete birth education and an approach to birth which, if women (and their partners) truly submit to, can open up a whole world of possibilities of achieving the birth you want.
Hypnobirthing is a combination of:
1. practical lessons on the physiology of birth i.e. what is going on inside your body when you give birth and how you can support it to do that efficiently and comfortably, and
2. the practice of deepening the mind-body connection - training your mind and your body to work for you during labour, to overall improve the experience of childbirth.
It also provides you with tools and techniques that you can call upon when the time comes to give birth (and take into your everyday life) to help you remain calm and confident.
Birth Boss is about helping women understand their choices and how to take control so that you can remain the BOSS of your birth.
Birth Boss is all about giving you the tools to BOSS your birth.
"Ellie's advice and wisdom made me feel so much calmer and more confident. The knowledge she gave me was really empowering during a time when so much felt out of my control. She was so patient and kind. I would not hesitate to recommend her."
- Annie, a first time mum
"Ellie made me feel at ease straight away even though meeting through zoom is an unusual way to meet for the first time! She gave me so many top tips about birthing, hypnobirthing and sharing her own experiences. Even after just one hour, I was feeling relaxed and confident. I am currently 35 weeks pregnant and feel far more prepared than I thought I would."
- Lizzie, a first time mum
"Ellie is amazing! She was so helpful in helping me realise that I was in control of my birth. I had anxiety leading up to the birth of my little boy, but she was quick to ease my fears and remind me that my body was designed for birth and how to just keep that all-powerful oxytocin going. It helped my husband and I relax and realise the importance of enjoying the process. I cannot recommend her enough."
- Lindsey, a first time mum
Birth Boss Signature Group Course:
Taught over the space of 4 x 3 hour sessions in venues across Bristol, Bath and surrounds, this course allows you to get the most out of your hypnobirthing course by:
· having more face-to-face time with me, to ask all of your important questions and get the support you need,
· more time to develop and grow friendships with other like-minded parents that you can take into maternity leave with you,
- more time as a couple to dedicate to your growing baby and bonding as a family to set you up for the best start in parenthood.
Birth Boss Weekender Group Course
Taught over the course of 2 x 6 hour sessions on a consecutive Saturday and Sunday for those parents a little tighter on time.
Birth Boss Private and Bespoke 1-1 Courses
Sessions frequency, duration, and location can be tailored to suit your needs and focussed on your specific circumstances so that you can feel fully prepared for your birth.
These courses are perfect if you are feeling particularly anxious about the birth or certain areas of birth to give you the additional support required so that you can remain calm and confident about your birth.
Birth Boss Refresher Course
If you have previously undertaken a hypnobirthing course (whether with Birth Boss or another practitioner) and you want a recap of the tools and techniques which can assist you during labour and birth, this course is for you!
Taught over 1 x 3 hour session from the comfort of your own home
All of my courses come with their own Birth Boss goody bags including:
· The Hypnobirthing Book by Katharine Graves
· A minimum of 3 Relaxation MP3’s
· Positive Affirmation cards
· A relaxing room spray
Also included is:
- Access to an extensive lending library for some more in-depth bedtime reading
- Access to a private Facebook forum to ask questions and connect with other parents
- A reunion meeting, following the arrival of your little one
- Email and telephone support from me, from the time of booking for as long as you need
Located in: Bristol and Bath