Katharine Graves - Press and Public Speaking
Katharine Graves has appeared frequently in the press, at speaking events and is quickly becoming the ‘go to’ expert on Hypnobirthing and birth related topics.
If you have an event, lecture, study day or something similar please do contact Katharine as she is very happy to support you and spread the word about KGHypnobirthing and natural childbirth.
Katharine has successfully brought KG Hypnobirthing into the lifes of many families and also through hospitals teaching and training midwives on how best to support women using the KG Hypnobirthing techniques.
Katharine has been a speaker at The Royal Society of Medicine, The Mama Conference and many hospitals and universities. She has also lectured internationally. She has been interviewed on BBC London News, BBC Womans Hour, The Mark Forrest Show and on French TV and Al Arabya Television. Katharine has been featured in a number of leading parenting magazines including Prima Baby, Gurgle, Mother and Baby. She has contributed to The Guardian, Daily Mail, Femail Online and the Telegraph to name a few.
Katharine has taught over 2,000 women and over 800 KG Hypnobirthing teachers and helped many more have a more gentle experience of birth through her best-selling book The Hypnobirthing Book and KG Hypnobirthing audios. She has taught a number of high profile celebrities including actresses Suzanne Shaw, Sophie Austin and partner Shayne Ward and Paula Lane. Paula gave birth to a daughter using KG Hypnobirthing recently saying: ”A completely natural water birth. What an experience. I cannot thank you enough!”
Katharine is a member of The Royal Society of Medicine, the Association for the Improvement of Maternity Service (AIMS), the Association of Radical Midwives (ARM) and the International Advisory Board of the HypnoFertility Foundation of America. She is an associate member of the Royal College of Midwives.
Topics Katharine Graves would be happy to share more about include;
- What KG Hypnobirthing is and why it can result in a pain-free birth
- Why homebirth is safer than hospital birth
- Orgasmic birth and how this happens for some women
- How Hypnobirthing can reduce instances of post-natal depression and alleviate birth trauma
- ‘Healing’ birth
- Hypnobirthing and its effect on breastfeeding
- How important and central a role that fathers / birth partners play
- How there is no such thing as a ‘due date’
- How interventions are causing women to suffer in childbirth
- How to achieve a natural birth – women’s bodies aren’t broken, the system is
- Hypnobirthing techniques and how to achieve a positive birth in any circumstance
- The rising profile of Hypnobirthing and the impact on the NHS (we have some reliable statistics to support our views).
- Absolutely any other birth related subject not necessarily related to Hypnobirthing itself – Katharine has a wide range of knowledge on many birth related subjects!
Katharine is keen to continue to raise the profile of this wonderful, supportive, women centered and dad friendly antenatal education course and would be delighted to contribute in any which way she can.