The Hypnobirthing Partner Cheat Sheet
What do you as a partner need to know about hypnobirthing?
What is it?
- KGHypnobirthing is a complete evidence-based, common sense antenatal training programme
- It is simple, logical and profound
- It works by releasing fear and building confidence
- You may be surprised at the relevance, breadth and depth of the course
What does it involve?
- Gives you the knowledge to navigate the system in which you find yourself
- Builds confidence so you and your partner look forward positively to the birth of your baby
- Gives you the right questions to ask to make sure you get the best pregnancy care
- Helps you to be in a calm state of mind for the birth
- Practising relaxation techniques –clearly defined and only takes 10 minutes a day
- Puts you in control so you can give the birthing mum the best possible support
What do I do during pregnancy?
- Attend the course sessions with your partner
- Listen to the relaxation audios together
- Read a daily relaxation script to your partner – you will find you benefit too
- Encourage each other by displaying positive statements around your home
- Send her positive messages – help her enjoy this very special time
- Nurture your partner and spend time together
- Suggest gentle activities in the days before baby is born
What do I do during the birth?
- Communicate what you both want for birth and post-birth
- Support your partner’s instincts for her labour
- Protect your partner’s space and limit disturbances
- Help her to stay relaxed – playing / reading affirmations
- Look after her – provide food, drink and use all the practical tips you have learnt on the KGHypnobirthing course
- Stroke her back gently
- Be there for her